Tuesday, January 24, 2012

10 months old today and praying for negative blood cultures

Yesterday was a very eventful day! I woke up thinking it would be a normal Monday morning, the nurse comes, draws her labs, weighs her and leaves. but NO... She couldn't get any blood back from her central line, and that worried me. Its never happened before. ALSO she has been running low grade fever on and off since last Thursday, I just figured it was from teething. The nurse left and called GI. a few hour later the GI nurse called me concerned about her fever and said she was going to talk to the doctor about taking her to ER. instead of ER they had another nurse come out and flush her line with TPA(Tissue plasminogen activator) to breakdown any blood clots. we waited 30 minutes and tried to draw back blood, and still nothing, but fever. Did a second dose, waited another 30 minutes, and wah lah It worked. The nurse was able to draw labs. I asked her about the fever and she wasn't worried, said its probably because of her teething. I thought we were done with nursing visits for the day. But I was wrong. I got a call from the pharmacy asking how she was doing because some of her electrolytes are high. Then a call at 830pm from a different nurse saying she needed to come out to draw more labs and blood cultures to check for infection. It was a long day, but I still manged to do laundry, frame my certificate from the milk bank, and set up Lyla's crib.
so proud of my certificate for donating 970 ounces of breast milk.
This is what her hair looks like in the morning.

And this is what it looks like after her bath.



We went to the park the other day when it was like 80 degrees, and I took her pictures, here are some.



We are still waiting on the blood culture results.
& Lyla is still running a low fever on and off.
Please pray for negative cultures

No comments:

Post a Comment